Date: Thursday August 11, 2022
Subject: Superior Fall Trail Race Volunteer Communication 2 2022
Greetings Superior Fall Trail Race Volunteers:
We cannot thank you enough for your willingness to help with this year’s Superior Fall Trail Race! We could not do it without YOU. A couple more comprehensive emails will come your way as we get closer to the race, but for today, at just under a month until the race, I want to provide you with a couple of quick updates.
• We are still in the volunteer recruitment process. We are currently sitting at 250 volunteers and the sweet spot for this year is about 300-325, we have had as many as 370 in the past.
• Aid station captains are still doing some of their own volunteer recruitment for their aid stations. For those that don’t recruit as much or don’t get as many folks on their own, we will as always assign volunteers from the “general pool” of volunteers.
• If you are signed up to volunteer and are coming “solo”, something that is always really helpful for the race, not to mention fun for you – is if you recruit a buddy to come with you. If you do get a friend to come, please have them sign up to volunteer on the website.
• If you are a professional or proficient hobbyist photographer and would be willing to shoot photos during the race, please let us know.
• We will continue to collect volunteer registrations over the next couple of weeks. I will start making volunteer assignments the week of August 22 – aiming to have assignments done by the weekend of August 27/28 – you will receive another email from me at that time. If you have any questions in the meantime, please reach out via email and I will get right back to you.
Again, we cannot thank you enough for your involvement with the race – it is going to be a great year!