Communal lodging for Aid Station Volunteers is available at Caribou Highlands Townhomes (Lutsen / race finish / race headquarters) on Wednesday night for those on the trail marking crew and Thursday, Friday and Saturday night for other volunteers. Unit numbers will be available the week of the race and we will email those to you. HERE is a map detailing where the townhome units are at Caribou Highlands.
A few reminders about lodging:
- This is communal lodging meaning you may share a bunk room or a living room floor with others.
- We ask that you bring a sleeping bag, sleeping pad and pillow as there may only be floor space available when you are needing to sleep.
- This is in a nice, modern clean townhome near the finish area at Caribou Highlands and there are cooking facilities and showers available, please make use of them!
- Please clean up after yourself and have your own towel and toiletries if you are going to take shower.
- Please do not reserve a room or bed for yourself, if you are not going to be there for a while please pack your stuff up and keep it with you, if there is a free bed or bedroom, feel free to use it.
- A few rooms may be reserved with names on the door – please respect this… it’s usually those folks that are volunteering 5 or more days, a seniority or senior (the old guys / gals) thing!
- Do not lock the door to the unit, if the door is locked there will be a key under the front door mat, do not take / remove this key – leave it there otherwise people coming in after a volunteer shift could be locked out.
- Do not leave valuables in the townhome since we will not be locking it.
- YOU DO NOT NEED TO CHECK IN AT / WITH THE FRONT DESK AT CARIBOU HIGHLANDS WHEN YOU ARRIVE – YOU CAN JUST GO STRAIGHT TO YOUR UNIT.
- There will be a list of room assignments taped to the front door of every unit all weekend long. Be sure to check the sheet as soon as you arrive / before going to your room as there may have been last minute changes.